kabobs and spears
The recipe that follows, along with these easy kabobs (dressed with purchased balsamic vinaigrette) are last of the dishes that I served at my niece’s bridal party lunch.
I must say, it was the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever been to. Congratulations Maureen and Brandon! xoxo
Asian Chicken Endive Spears
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken, minced
- 3 cups shredded slaw mix
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds, divided
- 5 heads Belgium endive, separated into spears
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pepper. Taste and season with salt.
Salad: In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, slaw mix and carrots. Add the dressing and toss to coat well.
Chop 1/4 cup of the silvered almonds and stir into the chicken mixture.
Fill each endive spear with the salad mixture. Place on a serving tray and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup silvered almonds and the cilantro leaves.
Makes 35 to 40 spears