Bloody Mary Shrimp appetizer
Bloody Mary Shrimp Spoons
- 1 pound medium shrimp in shell, deveined
- 4 large (outer) celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chinese soup spoons
- Diced avocado or cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Arugula or mixed greens
Shrimp: Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add shrimp, then remove from heat and let stand in water until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool to room temperature, then peel. Cut shrimp into pieces just a bit larger than the diced celery.
Place in a medium bow and add the celery and green onion.
Sauce: In another bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vodka, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Add the salt and pepper, to taste.
Assemble: Just before serving, stir the sauce into the shrimp mixture.
Spoon into each Chinese soup spoon and arrange spoons on a platter that is lined with greens. Garnish with diced avocado or cilantro sprigs, if desired.