The only hot dish I made for the bridal party lunch was these muffin-size frittatas. And, truth be told, they were not hot but served at room temperature.
The reason is because I prepped and cooked all the food at the bride’s apartment and transferred it to the hotel…in freezing cold Chicago weather.
Actually, cooking in the apartment was a joy. The view was amazing!
Yes, that is the Sear’s Tower, also know as the Willis Tower! Pretty Cool!
Individual Frittata Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked and drained chorizo
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach; thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves
Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Stir the chorizo, spinach and onions into the eggs. Stir half of the 3/4 cup of the cheese and the oregano into the eggs. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins.
Divide the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over the muffins. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until puffed up and set in the middle.