bridal shower recipes
My dear friends, Barb and Kim, made the most delicious food for Marissa’s bridal shower. Kim made four different bruschetta and Barb made a beautiful salad and savory tarts.
I didn’t get any photos of the individual dishes, so I’ll do the best I can cropping from the few buffet photos I do have, my apologies ahead of time because the photos won’t do the recipes justice.
Clementine and Avocado Salad with Poblano Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 poblano chile, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bunches watercress, cleaned (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups arugula, cleaned
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 4 tangerines or clementines, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese (may substitute goat or feta cheese)
Dressing: Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Refrigerate until needed, up to one week.
Salad: In a large bowl, toss the greens with just enough of the dressing to moisten the leaves. Divide the greens among 8 salad plates. Top each mound of greens with cooked shrimp, slices of Clementine and diced avocados. Drizzle a little more dressing over the salads and sprinkle each with a heaping tablespoon of cotija cheese.