spring menu and repurposing shutters
Today I have the links for the Spring Reunion Dinner in one place for easy access and ideas for repurposing shutters, including the super simple Spring Shutter sign I made.
Spring Reunion Menu
- Fresh Fruit – Smoked Salmon Spread
- Pumped Up Hummus
- Lori’s Honey Paloma Cocktail
- Jonathan’s Bourbon Lemonade
- Layered Fruit and Mozzarella Salad
- Grilled Chicken and Asparagus with Creamy Goat Cheese
- Grilled Shrimp, Vegetable and Farro Salad
I found 2 sets of shutters at Goodwill for only $12.99 a set, or $6.50 each.
As for the Shutter Sign itself – there isn’t much to this craft:
- Find an old shutter
- Purchase a variety of letters at a craft store (mine came from Michael’s)
- Use nails to hang the letters on the shutter
- All Done!
This was my favorite letter.
The “S” was moss covered foam. It was the only letter that didn’t have a hanger on the back, so I just hammered in the nail and then pushed the foam letter into the nail.
The cute little flower had a magnet on the back, so once again I hammered in a nail and the flower stuck right to it.
While I was buying the letters, I picked up a the rest of the letters I’d need (u, m, m, and e) to switch it from “spring” to “summer.” Which is coming quicker than I wish it would!
Until then… Happy Spring!